Sunday, May 20, 2012

EASY PEASY Salsa Chicken

This is the Easiest recipe and so tasty.  This recipe is the kind you want in your repertoire if you like that South west taste.  It is so good and virtually no fuss.
If you want to take it to the next level you can by adding some fresh mango salsa.  It is not necessary but it adds a nice bit of fresh to the meal.

Salsa Chicken

1 jar of salsa (I used a pint of my salsa)
4-6 frozen chiken breasts (yes no need to worry about getting it out of the freezer before hand)
1 can of black beans
1 can of corn (I used my frozen corn that I freeze in the summer)

just before serving- about a half of an hour add
4 ounces of cream cheese (more if you like but I thought this was plenty to give it that rich creaminess.)

Add all ingredients, except cream cheese to crock pot and cook on high for four to five hours.  Or cook on low for 6 or 7 hours.  Add in cream cheese just before serving.
Yes, I forgot to add it in- no worries it was all good.

2 comments:

kat said...

Wow, what an interesting crock pot recipe!

grace said...

honestly, chicken doesn't get much better than this for me. great post, lori!