Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sweet Potato and Spinach Salad with Cranberries

Many of you may be aware of Wegmans.  It is a grocery store that started here in Rochester.  With the help of Danny Wegman it is in quite a few states in the North East.  And man do these people know how to market.  Every trip to the grocery store is filled with foodie inspiration.  I wander up and down the aisles ina food daze.  And I am not the only one.  I see others in there own world too.

They have an area where you can get take out dinners of all kinds.  This salad was featured a month or so ago and I could not take my eyes off of it.  I never bought it because I was trying to not spend the extra money.  I decided to make it myself.  In the store they have it with butternut squash- I used sweet potatoes instead.

Sweet Potato and Spinach Salad with Dried Cranberries
see original recipe here at Wegman's

2 sweet potatoes, sliced
1 red onion or sweet onion, peeled, chopped
1 Tbsp  Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pkg (6 oz)  Food You Feel Good About Fresh Baby Spinach
3/4 cup  Food You Feel Good About Sweetened Dried Cranberries (Grocery Dept)

Toss squash and onions with basting oil in large bowl; season to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange in single layer on large baking sheet. Roast 25- 30 min, until tender and brown. Remove from oven.

Toss squash, spinach, and dried cranberries in large shallow serving dish.

1 comment:

Colette (Coco) said...

Love the colours, Lori. This one's gotta taste gorgeous.