Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Turtle Cheesecake: Celebrating the turtle in my life.



Can you stand it? Two weeks of no computer with a photo plug in, I dunno, I lost track of the time.  I had asked my dear husband to fix my computer... Stop. Okay, its fixed. I am not going to complain.

In the middle of writing a post a couple weeks, my computer, she crashed.  Poor little thing.  She tried running all day but she just kept crashing. Now, a new operating system and no pictures in the que.  I have to start over.  But that's okay.  I will keep this blog going no matter what because I still like it.  I like being able to find a recipe that I knew I made. 

So, without further ado, I bring you cheesecake, celebratory cheesecake.  Ha, my husband the turtle, he is a little slow at times but he eventually gets stuff done.  I made him turtle cheesecake for his birthday.  I didnt even realize the symbolism... Or did I? Now, I will share the lip smacking goodness with you.


Turtle Cheesecake

Recipe adapted from here at Nestle; Very Best Baking



Crust ingredients
1 3/4 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted


FILLING
3 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1 can (14 oz.) Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups (9 oz.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
2 tablespoons Chocolate Flavored Syrup
2 tablespoons caramel syrup or ice cream topping
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans



Preheat oven to 300° F.  10-inch springform pan.

FOR CRUST:
Directly in pan mix crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom and 1 inch up side of pan.

FOR FILLING:
Beat cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk in large mixer bowl until smooth. Add sugar, eggs, lime juice and vanilla extract; beat until combined. Do not over mix.

Microwave 1 1/2 cups morsels in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on high for 1 minute; stir. The morsels may retain some of their shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Stir 2 cups of cheesecake batter into melted morsels; mix well. Alternately spoon batters into crust, beginning and ending with yellow batter.

Bake for 60 to 75 minutes or until edge is set and center moves slightly. It should jiggle a little. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; run knife around edge of cheesecake. Cool completely. Drizzle chocolate and caramel syrup over cheesecake. Sprinkle with nuts and mini morsels. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove side of pan.

No comments: