Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pear, Gorgonzola and Pecan Flatbread

I went to the Cheese Cake Factory restaurant some time ago with some friends.  I ordered this appetizer that was a flat-bread.  It had pears, Gorgonzola, pecans and arugula over top.  It was insanely delicious. I decided to recreate it at home.

You could use any dough, I just happened to have picked up some dough from Trader Joe's.  They have this herb dough that I like to get sometimes. I used that, dividing it into three and rolling into balls.  I rolled each one out to make an oblong disk.  Unfortunately, I had all the ingredients except for the pear so I used apples.  Sprinkled about 1/3 of a cup of Gorgonzola over the top and then chopped pecans and chopped apples.  I baked it in a 425F oven until he dough looked golden on the sides.  Then I topped it with chopped arugula.

It was delicious but next time I want the pears.

1 comment:

suzybel56 said...

I make pear, bleu cheese & pecan salad, we love it, never thought of the flat bread but definitely going to try this.