Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Year In Review



It's almost time to say goodbye to 2013 and hello to 2014.  I could wax on poetic about how its been a good year.  Lots of family time, vacations, income, roof over our head.  But I am not going to say that.  Instead, what I will tell you is something I learned from the patients who I worked with who were dying.

Every day is beautiful. The ones that are rainy, the ones that you have seemingly nothing to do.  The ones that are sad.  They are all the days you are alive and filled with possibilities, if you so choose.

It's all perspective really. Just think of all you are grateful for.  All the things that maybe you take for granted.  Its an old adage that you don't know what you have until its gone.  And it really is so true.

Instead of complaining which yes, of course, I do sometimes, I try to remember those words, "Every day is beautiful".  So true.  I am grateful for each and every day.  Maybe take a moment today to reflect on ten things that you are grateful for.

The following are some posts that have been popular with all of you over 2013.  I am grateful to have had the food and recipes to share.  And grateful for you for stopping by and even sharing them with others through Pinterest.


Cranberry Bread

Homemade Ketchup

Mint Chocolate Brownies


Asiago Peppercorn Dressing
 
Magic Bars


Tomato Pie

No comments: