Friday, December 27, 2013

Ham in the Crockpot


Aren't crock pots wonderful?  I have two.  One oval and one round.  I do use both of them.  I feel like I really need to use them more.  Its always great to come home to a meal already prepared.  Like you have your own personal chef.  

This is not the best picture. But this is the best way to prepare ham, especially if you have things to do.  You can tuck that sweet little ham in the crock pot for the day while you go out sledding or shopping or skiing or whatever.  Then when you come home you can cook up whatever sides you like and you are good to go for dinner.

I don't cook a lot of hams but when I do this is my preferred way to do it.
 

Ham in the Crock Pot
Printable Version Here

1 1/2 cups brown sugar, divided
1 can pineapple chunks or crushed
1 ham (I used a spiral sliced ham)

In the crock pot, place a cup of brown sugar at the bottom, smoothing it out in a thin layer.  Place your ham on top of the brown sugar.  Pour the can of pineapple over top.  Then sprinkle about a 1/2 cup more of brown sugar on top.  Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours. Crock temps can vary, adjust accordingly.

No comments: