Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Onion Mustard Pretzels




I bought a ton of different kinds of pretzels when I was in Lancaster with some friends last month.  One of the pretzel kinds I bought just didn't get eaten.  No one was really interested in it.  I thought, how do I make it so they eat it.  Nothing goes to waste around here.  I decided to flavor them up with mustard.

Onion Mustard Pretzels


1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup oil
2 generous teaspoons of onion powder
2 heaping (globbed) tablespoons of honey

Whisk it together.  Stir the coating into the pretzels in a large bowl.  Bake them spread out on a cookie sheet at 275F.  It took about a half of an hour to dry them out.  I wasn't totally convinced they were dried out either but I took them out of the oven and as they cooled they dried more and crisped up nice.

Gone, just like that.  Pretzels, what pretzels?

2 comments:

suzybel56 said...

I bought some honey mustard pretzels years ago and they have since been my fave. I never thought you could make your own, I always just dipped them in mustard. Making these for sure.

suzybel56 said...

I made these today from some big, really hard pretzels I bought. I broke them up and followed from there. I did have to bake them a little longer but I can't stop eating them. Delish!