Saturday, June 21, 2014

Banana Matcha Milkshake


Note how the straw stands on its own.
This is delish.  My kids were a bit skeptical about that green stuff I was throwing in there.  Goodness gracious, not the dreaded green stuff!  But then I told them it is like their beloved Green Tea Mints from Trader Joes and then all was right with the world again.

The smoothies, milkshakes, whatever you want to call them, were gone in like 30 seconds flat.  Okay, honestly... five minutes max.  Mine was the one finished in 30 seconds, ahem.

The idea for this smoothie came from this site called, Kleinworth and Company.  I changed it up a bit because it way too thick- thick, as in I would never get it smooth because of my blender.
 

Banana Matcha Milkshake


2 1/2 cups of 2% milk
3 frozen bananas
2 teaspoons Matcha
3/4 cup chopped pineapple

Slice 3 bananas and freeze them at least 30 minutes.

Blend all ingredients together.  If you are like me and have a 25 dollar blender, you will have to keep sticking the handle of a wooden spoon down in there and mix it around from time to time (of course, with the motor stopped).  This is one thick shake. Don't be annoyed by this, it is totally worth it. 

No comments: