Sunday, June 29, 2014

Canning The Harvest, Part I


Before the major portion of canning and harvesting is under way, I wanted to put together a collection of canned goods that I have done (most of them I do every year).

When I started composing this post I realized just how many canned goods I had done over the years that I have had this blog... five, six years... I lost count. I decided to break it up into two parts because jams and jellies are plentiful.  I was really on a kick with them for a few years.

If you have never canned before-  don't be afraid.  Do your research.  On a few of my posts I describe the different types of canning and high acid foods and low acid foods with links to other sources.  You can find info on my site here and here. There are a plethora (love to have an excuse to say that word) of sites on the Internet with all kinds of information.  Follow the directions and you will be fine.  One of my favorite sites to go to is Ball Canning.  I have a couple of their books and they could not be more helpful.  

Apples

Apple Butter


Strapple Sauce

Beans

Hot Dilly Beans


Cherries

Marachino Cherries


Cucumbers

Bread and Butter Pickles

Dill Pickles
 http://lipsmackinggoodness.blogspot.com/2013/08/dill-pickles.html

Dill Relish




Eggplant

Melanzan Salad


Plums

Whole Plums


Tomatoes

Bruschetta in a Jar
 

Canned Ketchup

Stewed Tomatoes
 
Green Tomatoes

 
Fire Roasted Salsa

 


Spiced Green Tomato Jam I and II

Tomato Sauce


Tomato Soup

 

Green Tomato Chutney

 



t

No comments: