Sunday, June 15, 2014

Iced Fudgey Brownies


I am always looking for simple ingredients to make simple desserts that taste really fantastic.  I dont know how many brownie recipes are on my blog, four maybe five.  The one called Best Brownies I really love but it only makes an 8 x 8 pan.  Ooops, sorry I just realized I have not posted that yet because they disappear before I get a chance to photograph them. Sometimes you want something bigger.  This is the big size brownies.  Perfect for taking somewhere.  That is exactly what I did with these I took them to my quilters meeting with fresh strawberries punctuating them on the tray.

If you are a cakey brownie lover these are not the brownies for you.  If you like fudgey, well, these are the ones!

Lunchroom Lady Iced Fudgey Brownies
1 cup butter
1/2 cup cocoa
2 cup flour
2 cup sugar
4 eggs
4 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350F.  Beat the butter and sugar until lemony. Add in eggs one at a time, beating until completely blended.  Add in vanilla and salt and finally flour and cocoa powder.

Pour into a greased 9×13 pan.  Bake 20-25 mins.

Frost and serve.  Frosting recipe below.
Icing
1/2 cup softened butter
2 tablespoons half and half but milk is fine
1/3 cup cocoa
3 cups powdered or confectioners sugar
dash salt
Beat all of the ingredients together until light and creamy. Frost as desired.

No comments: