Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Tater Puff Casserole


This casserole goes together quite effortlessly.  The hardest thing to do is to sauté the onions and celery.  Well, okay, maybe cleaning up is harder.  I told my 8 year old she could make this the next time.  That time though I think I will make my own condensed cream soup- though I think I will try the celery one. I will do that part for her.  Then she can throw everything together and make the casserole and feel all proud.

TATER PUFF CASSEROLE

1 can Condensed Cream of Chicken (you could make your own, click here for that recipe)
32 ounces tater puffs, somewhat thawed
3 stalks of celery, chopped finely
1 onion, chopped finely
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons half and half
1 tablespoon oil or butter

Preheat oven to 350F.  Grease and 9 x 13 casserole dish. Sauté onions and celery in oil/butter until lightly golden.  Reserve a few of the tater puffs for the top of the casserole. Stir together the tater puffs, celery onion mix, garlic powder, pepper, Cream of Chicken and half and half. Place reserved tater puffs over the casserole and then sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes uncovered.

2 comments:

Vanssmomc said...

This is random and has nothing to do with the recipe, but I love the hot pad. Had the loom when I was a kid and used to make those! Love the colors too!

Lori said...

Well, thank you. My daughters' BFF made that for me. Which I thought was very sweet.