Sunday, August 31, 2014

Oven Baked Zucchini Chips

I am totally burnt out from summer.  Run, run, run! And then of course because it is harvest time- lots of freezing and canning.  I am not complaining, mind you. I just feel like holing up in my house for a couple weeks.  

Today, I made a pork shoulder for the next few days eating, short ribs for tonight, froze peaches, zucchini dill soup, salsa verde, beets.... um, what else?  Oh, I made some zucchini bars that I will show you on another day. I also cut up a bunch of veggies for a veggie tray to take to a party, mowed my parents lawn and shopped for fabric.  I love productive days like these.  However, I am looking forward to some much needed R and R.

I made these a week or so ago.  I don't mind baking things like this.  Most people prefer frying it. This is less calories and less messy.

Baked Zucchini Chips

2 zucchinis (medium size)
2 cups panko
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk

Preheat oven to 425F.  Line a few cookie sheets with parchment or a silpat.

Beat egg and milk together in a bowl.  In another bowl place panko mixed with garlic powder.  Slice zucchini 1/4 inch thick. Dip slices of zucchini in egg mixture and then into panko mixture, then place on parchment lined cookie sheet.

Bake until golden, alternating racks.

When you take them our of the oven sprinkle with salt or whatever seasonings you like.

Ranch Dip

1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon dried dill weed (use fresh if you have it)

Mix together, cover and let sit in the refrigerator overnight

No comments: