Sunday, October 5, 2014

Bacon and Pea Salad

Why is it so hard to get myself to exercise?  Once I am doing it I am fine. But why is it like pulling teeth to get to it sometimes? Yesterday I went for a bike ride along the local trails with a friend.  So beautiful.  All the fall leaves lining the paths.  Golden yellow and oranges and browns.I wish I had my bike for that ride. 

The following pics are from a hike the family and I went on last weekend.  We had a beautiful day.  Hiked and went on a row boat in the pond! 





This is one of those sides that is great anytime of year.  Easy to pull together and it tastes great. Great for a picnic or a potluck.  If you want a little crunch add water chestnuts or celery.  I like it without.

Bacon and Pea Salad

2 cups peas
4 slices of bacon, fried and broken into pieces
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 small purple onion, minced
1/2 cup cheddar, shredded if desired.

Mix ingredients together.  Season with salt and pepper as desired.

No comments: