Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Muffins

Ignore my frosting.  I wasn't really into the frosting so I just mixed up a little bit- kind of threw it together.  What I really wanted to tell you about was the muffins themselves.  Except for this muffin I ate them all with no frosting.

I love the muffin.  It tastes delicious for about three days.  After that it starts to get dry and that would be when frosting might come in handy.  But, honestly, I still would rather dip it in my tea instead. 

Now, don't think that all I will be posting is gluten free.  My family still enjoys their cakes and cookies... 


Peanut Butter Gluten Free Muffins

1 1/4 cups all purpose gluten free flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350F.  Grease a 12 cup muffin pan -standard size.

Mix dry ingredients, set aside.

In a large bowl beat butter, sugar and peanut butter.  Add vanilla and beat three minutes.  Add eggs one at a time and beat for one minute after each addition.

Beat in dry ingredients alternately with milk ending with dry mixture.  Divide amongst muffin cups evenly.  Smooth out tops with a wet finger.

Bake 20 to 25 minutes.

Frost if desired.

No comments: