Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Crumb Cookies

Did you ever have a bunch of crumbs you didnt know what to do with and you didnt want to throw them out?  If you bake- then your probably have.  These cookies I made ,which are actually bars, were amazing.

I had made these peanut crunch bars.  I accidentally cooked the caramel that goes in them too long and ended up with some pretty hard bars.  They were good but just a little too crunchy.  I put them in my food processor and had crumbs that I needed to use up. This was the perfect way to use those crumbs.

I can't wait for the next time I have crumbs and need some way to use them up!

Crumb Cookies

1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup molasses
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 cups cookie crumbs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt

Cream the shortening and sugar together.  Beat about 4 minutes.  Add in vanilla then eggs then molasses.   In another bowl combine flour, cookie crumbs. baking soda and salt. Add dry mixture to wet mixture.  Drop by tablespoons.  Or you can make a bar cookie if it is very wet.

Bake at 350F for 10 to 12 minutes.  If making bars, spoon into 13 x 9 and bake for about 30 to 45 minutes.  When bars begin to pull away from the sides of the baking dish then it is done.  Cool completely before cutting.

No comments: