Wednesday, September 21, 2016

HERBES de PROVENCE

I usually buy this mix but this time, being low on money and rich in spices, I decided to put it all together myself.

I had everything but the fennel.  I mixed it all up and figured I would add it later.  By a stroke of luck, I found it growing in a garden along side the road where I was waiting at a red light.  It was hanging very close to my window and I decided I had to grab a few, just because it was like the Universe giving me a gift.  I took a small handful.  I came home and added it to my mix.  I think I still need to buy some and add it in. But for now, it will do.

What do we do with Herbes de Provence you might ask.  Well, my husband loves it in his tomato salad.  We all like it in quiche and I use it here and there for different recipes.

HERBES de PROVENCE

2 tablespoons dried, chopped or ground, rosemary
1 teaspoon fennel seed
2 tablespoons dried savory
2 tablespoons dried thyme
2 tablespoons dried basil
2 tablespoons dried marjoram
2 tablespoons dried lavender flowers
2 tablespoons dried Italian parsley
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried tarragon
1 teaspoon bay powder (bay leaf in the spice grinder works very well)

Grind rosemary and fennel seed.  Mix all together. Store in glass jars

1 comment:

Murasaki Shikibu said...

I haven't blogged for a long time nor have I read any blogs for that matter. Life was just hectic. Now I have a moment of peace and am glad you're still around. Nice entry!