Saturday, January 13, 2018

Molasses Cookies


Now that the Holidays are done and everyon e is counting calories, I have time to post some of my favorite cookie recipes.  Ha!  Great timing, go me!

I don't like molasses cookie recipes that have so little molasses in them.  I like some serious molasses flavor!  I found this recipe on the Land O Lakes website

MOLASSES COOKIES

1/2 cup butter softened
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup shortening
3/4 cup molasses
1 large egg
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
Sugar

Preheat oven to 375°.  No need to grease cookie sheets.

Beat together butter, brown sugar, shortening, molasses and egg in bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt and cloves; beat at low speed until well mixed. Cover; refrigerate 1-2 hours or until firm.

Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Flatten balls with glass dipped in sugar. Bake 8-11 minutes or until set.

No comments: