Saturday, August 2, 2008

NO BAKE GRANOLA AND A MUSIC MEME


How great is no bake granola when it is steamy hot outside. THe last thing you want to do is turn on the oven. So here it is. Must warn you that it is so good you will not be able to stop eating it.

NO BAKE GRANOLA
Adapted from Taste of Home

1/2 cup brown sugar ( I leave it loose to cut back on the extra sugar)
1/2 cup peanut butter (you could do soy nut butter)
1/4 cup light corn syrup
2 cups quick cooking oats
1 tablespoons flax seed (toasted and ground)
1 1/2 cups brown rice cereal (crispy)
1/3 cup chocolate chips

Combine first three ingredients in a bowl, cover and place in microwave for about two minutes or until it boils. Take out and throw the remaining ingredients in the bowl. Mix thoroughly. Pat into a nine inch pan. Let cool. Cut into 12 bars.

Depending upon the amount of chips you use, they are about 225 Calories. Not bad for a nutritious sweet. Way Way Way better tasting than an energy bar. You can really play around with this. Like skip the chocolate and add craisins or dried bleberries. Oh the possibilities.

And now the music...

I can't get enough of this song. I heard it while driving one day. I was surprised it was Springstein. Not because of his sound but because I didnt know it. How did that happen. It can so lull me to sleep. I sit in front of my computer and rock back and forth. Very meditative.

The Girls in Their Summer Clothes

The next one here is one I have been listening to for about six months. I also find it to have a meditative quality. Again, it is one that is not played very much. Those tend to be the ones I like. It's a great one to listen to while you are driving.

Shut Your Eyes

This lady, I never tire of her. I just love her voice. She sounds like an angel. If you like her, and ever get the chance to see in her in concert, she is well worth the price of the ticket.

Scarborough Fair

Here's a classic. Wow has that much time gone by that you could call this a classic. This band has always been my favorite and I have been into rediscovering them lately.

Still Loving You

and this one, I love.

Send Me An Angel

And now this one I have been getting into with the kids. I have been playing all different kinds of music for them. Here they come, they heard the sound... too funny.

The Lion Sleeps Tonight

And this one... And yes I can do that little pop with my cheek. THe kids love that! My cheek gets so sore.

Lollipop

There you have it, pretty much my recent favs.

I name whoever would like to do this. I dont like to point fingers either for memes. If you want to do it, do it and then let me know.

2 comments:

Jacque said...

Oh, great picks!! That hippo was hilarious. There once a time when I worshipped the Scorpions... still love em'.

Tracy said...

I'm going to have to try that granola. I have some enormous bags of quick oats sitting around that I don't know what to do with.

Loved the music picks too! I've enjoyed following this meme because I remember old favorites and discover new tunes. I tried to get my band to rock out "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" and they all looked at me like I was high. I still think that could be a cool rock song.