Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Muffin, A Spot of Tea and a Good Cry

I was blog hopping tonite and I came upon this blog, Wonderings and Wanderings that had this video to share. It was pretty powerful for me and I wanted to share it with all of you. It is about Women and Friendships. A very moving vignette. Grab a cup of tea and a muffin (see below), find a few (five) moments to watch it, uninterupted. click here.

I am offering up this recipe to A Southern Grace's Cinnamon Event. Cinnamon, can you believe it? Ha. If you read her blog you know that she is an avid cinnamon fan. Hey Grace we could call you Cinnamon Girl (music fills my ears).

APPLE CINNAMON MUFFINS

3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 heaping cup of chopped apples
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons canola oil
3/4 cup skim milk
zest of an orange

Combine dry ingredients, set bowl aside. Combine wet ingredients and mix into the dry. Stir to combine. Pour into muffin tin. Bake at 350 F for about 20 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.

6 comments:

Bunny said...

It's a great video Lori. And oh so true isn't it. I love the muffins, I love apples and cinnamon!

Snooky doodle said...

YUMMY I LOVE CINNAMON :)

grace said...

deeeeelightful muffins, lori! i love that you can see chunks of apple--that's always a good sign. :)
thanks for sending 'em my way!

soma said...

Love cinnamons... esp. in a little sweet something with a cuppa. this is the ideal one:-)
Soma(www.ecurry.com)

Lori said...

Thank you everyone.

Duckie- they are 130 calories a piece and they are a saving grace. I have one for breakfast and after dinner. It satisfies the sweet tooth without going overboard.

Donna-FFW said...

Saw these on Grace's celebration.. they look fabulous. LOVE them. Great combination.