Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Muffins to Widdle down the Muffin Top


I am on a muffin kick. Why, because they are a way to satisfy my sweet tooth without eating something I shouldn't. They also make a great on the go breakfast. Eat one with 10 almonds and you have a nice satisfying breakfast that will stay with you a little while.

I will warn you that these are not that sweet. When you haven't been eating sugar you have a heightened sense of sweetness. If you want them sweeter just ad a 1/4 cup more of sugar.

Zucchini Muffins
Lipsmacking Goodness Original

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup unbleached flour or all purpose
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
zest of one lemon
1 egg
1 1/2 cups lowfat buttermilk
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup shredded zucchini (if frozen squeeze and use 1 cup squeezed)

Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl, set aside. Combine wet ingredients and pour into dry ingredients. Bake in a 350 F preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes. Makes 12 regular sized muffins.

Calories 148 per muffin.

2 comments:

Bunny said...

I would love these as I love lemon Lori, great job on these muffins!

grace said...

an original, eh? nicely done! healthy muffins are always good, for breakfast or snack or dessert. this makes me wish i had frozen some zucchini... :)