Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sun Dried Tomato Spread


This is really good stuff.  It disappeared very quickly.  We spread it on Rosemary Olive Spelt bread but really it would be fabulous on any bread.  Or by itself on a spoon.  It's real simple to whip up for an appetizer.

Sun Dried Tomato Spread

8 ounce cream cheese, room temperature
6 sun dried tomatoes
1 clove of garlic
1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped

In a food processor whirl garlic and sun dried tomato until it forms a paste.  Add in cream cheese. Remove from processor and fold in walnuts.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love sun dried tomatoes...I want this on an egg sandwich.

kat said...

Oh my I used to make something like this & it was such a favorite. It's been years though really need to make it agin!

Joanne said...

Mmm I bet this would make for an awesome grilled cheese sandwich! Delicious.

grace said...

i just got really excited by joanne's suggestion. what a delicious idea!

Desi said...

MMM a local restaurant used to serve their chicken ciabatta sandwiches with a delicious sun dried tomato spread, then they got rid of it and I have been sad ever since. But now I can make my own sun dried tomato spread at home, thanks so much, I had no clue where to start!