Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Cranberry Bliss Oatmeal Cookies

Below I had collected some of my favorite cranberry recipes because its Cranberry Time here in the USA.  The cranberry bliss bars picture is not the greatest.  Really they disappeared before I had time to give them a proper photo shoot.  So now I updated the pic and here it is:

If you want the recipe for these luscious bars, click here.

Since I really like the flavors in these bars, I decided to give them a try using an oatmeal cookie as a base.  I like them.  They came out pretty good. WOuld I make them again.  Yes!

Cranberry Bliss Oatmeal Cookies
I used the Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from Quaker Oats as my base.

1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
3 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
3/4 cup Craisins®, chopped
1/4 cup candied ginger
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. About five minutes. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, ginger and salt; mix well. Add oats, white chocolate, ginger and Craisins; mix well.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.

2 comments:

vanillasugarblog said...

the bar version looks super tasty!

grace said...

when i worked at starbucks, the cranberry bliss bars were the only thing i liked to eat. your version looks great!