I don't know what it is about baked potatoes in a restaurant. They are always so good. I can not seem to replicate them at home. Enter Alton Brown. I am definitely a fan of his. I decided to give his baked potato a try.
Best Home Baked Potato
6 baked potatoes
1/2 cup peanut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Position rack in center of oven.
2. Place baking sheet under the middle rack to catch drips.
3. Wash and scrub potatoes.
4. Prick with a fork in several spots all over the potatoe.
5. Brush oil on potato.
6. Sprinkle salt all over potato.
7. Bake for at least 60 minutes but 90 minutes is even better.
8. Prick potato with knife to see if it is ready. It should penetrate the potato easily. Outside of potato should be darker in color as well.