Thursday, January 7, 2016

Peanut Butter Blossoms


Here is a cookie I make most years at Christmas time.  Christmas flew by and I never posted it.  Its amazing how time flies, isnt it?  I always feel like I can't seem to catch up on all I want to do.  I know I am not alone in this feeling.  I think it is probably pretty common.  Especially in this day and age. There is so much to do with your time, so many choices.

If you have time to make some cookies and are partial to peanut butter, these are totally worth the time!

PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS

1/2 cup or 4 ounces shortening
1/2 cup or 4 ounces unsalted butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar (not packed)
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

Cream butter, shortening and sugar together.  Add in peanut butter, then vanilla, then eggs- one at a time.

In a separate container mix flour, baking soda and salt.  Stir together and then add into the creamed mixture.  Scrape down sides of bowl.  Mix until it is a cohesive dough.

Roll into balls- about a 1 inch diameter.  Roll in sugar and place on cookie sheet.  Bake at 350F for about 10 to 12 minutes. Once they are removed from the oven and still on the baking sheet- place kisses in centers.  They will crackle at this point.  Remove from sheet to cooling rack.  Let cool to room temperature.

1 comment:

Laura. said...

Ooh wow these look so nice, I'd love to try these out myself

Anything & Everything | Bloglovin'