Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Tea Time Tuesday: Blackberry Lime Scones

It's Tea Time Tuesday again.  This week I am putting Blackberry Lime scones on the virtual table with my dear friend Sandy.  Pour me a cup my friend!  What are you brewing this week Sandy? I think it is blackberry tea.  hmmmm.

I have no book review this week because I was all last minute with this post.  Nice weather kept me from doing stuff inside yesterday. Except for cooking and, ah hem, baking ... blackberry lime scones.

No words this evening as my bed is beckoning.  Night night!


BLACKBERRY LIME SCONES
2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 ounces or 1 stick cold butter
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
1 egg
2 teaspoons lime zest
1 cup blackberries

glaze
2 tablespoons lime juice 
1/2 cup to 1 cup confectioners sugar

Blend together the dry ingredients, including the lime zest.  I like to use my processor for this but its not necessary.  You can use a bowl and a pastry blender or a fork.  Blend in the cold butter until it turns the flour kind of mealy. In a separate bowl stir together the wet ingredients.  Stir the wet into the dry just until combined.  Spoon into a scone maker or even ramekins.  You can also pat into a round and cut into 8 pieces.  Bake at 400° for about 20 minutes.

Remove from pan after cooling for 5 minutes.  Drizzle glaze over top.

1 comment:

Lewis Clark said...

I was looking forward to trying something new and different. This dish seems just perfect. Thanks for sharing the recipe and pictures. I will definitely try it.