Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Blueberries and Cream Crepes

Sunday is our special dinner. I usually make something unique. My parents come over so I usually keep it limited to the fare that they like. For dinner I was making Asparagus and Roasted Bell Pepper Crepes to go with Gizzard Soup. (Sounds gross but it is actually quite tasty). I made so many crepes that we ended up having it for breakfast.

I would give the recipe for Gizzard Soup but somehow I think we might be the only people around that like it. If you do want the recipe then request it and I will post it.
Asparagus and Roasted Red Pepper Crepes

cream cheese
roasted red peppers ( I roast them and freeze them during the summer)

Season the red peppers with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Carefully spread about a teaspoon of cream cheese onto crepe. Lay asparagus and about 1/8 of a cup of the roasted peppers out on the crepe. Roll tightly and place in a lightly greased baking dish. Continue rolling until all of your ingredients are used up. Heat in 350 F oven for about 20 minutes until heated through.

Blueberries and Cream Crepes

1/2 cup sour cream
1-2 tablespoons sugar
crepes (see recipe under pumpkin manicotti)
blueberry sauce ( I make and freeze mine in the summer after picking)

Slice a half of a banana onto crepe and roll up. Pour blueberry sauce over crepe and add a dollop of the sweet sour cream.

Simple and delicious. See photos below. I haven't quite figured out how to add the pictures near the appropriate text.


Shelly said...

Hey girl,
The asparagus crepes sound yummy! After you put the rolled into the greased baking dish - do you bake it? Did I miss something? lol

Lori said...

ah oops. Oh my gosh Shelly. You are right. I baked them at 350 F for about 20 minutes just to warm them. Have you tried making crepes yet?

By the way, I love Cincinnati style Chili. I made it some years ago from a recipe out of Gourmet. Do you ever serve yours on spaghetti? I heard thats what they do in Cincinnati.

Shelly said...

The recipe says to serve it over chili or rice but we don't. The Husband isn't a big pasta or rice guy and I try to stay away from starchy food even though I love it.

Maryann said...

Hi Lori,
It looks like your blog is off to a wonderful start. Have fun and good luck :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails