I had to make my girls some cookies. They have been very patient, eating all these grown up type desserts! It was time for a classic!
I know everyone has there favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and you probably have seen a million of them. This one is a little different than the rest. It adds instant pudding to the mix. The result are awesome. It is a nice chewy chocolate chip cookie with some body to it. The recipe is from Allrecipes. The recipe has almost a perfect score with 4,261 people giving their two cents, I think that is a pretty high approval rating. The Presidential candidates should be so lucky!
AWARD WINNING CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Allrecipes via Lipsmacking Goodness
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.