Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hey Pumpkin, where have you been hiding?


I am back to my muffins. I found this mother load of pumpkin puree in my freezer and it has been making some star appearances in my kitchen. I know with everyone's mind turned towards asparagus and strawberries as Spring descends upon us, this is hardly what you are looking for. Nevertheless, in my humble opinion, pumpkin is always welcome in my kitchen no matter what the season.

PUMPKIN MUFFINS

2 cups sugar
3 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups pumpkin puree
1 cup oil
3 eggs

Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Combine wet ingredients in another bowl and stir. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry. Bake at 350F for 35 to 40 minutes. Makes 12 mega muffins. Or 24 regular.

9 comments:

Shelly said...

You're a mind reader! I'm in a mad "clean out the freezer and cabinets frenzy", just last night I wondered what to do with the pumpkin...muffins it is!

Sara said...

Guess what I found in my freezer over the weekend? Pumpkin puree! I think some muffins are in order.

Sheila said...

I think everyone has some serious comfort food on the brain because I made pumpkin muffins last week, too! Except my did not have pumpkin puree,just canned pumpkin. I found a ton in our pantry and was craving them. Still am, so I might have to try this recipe and see how it compares:)

Lori said...

Shelly- Hey good to know I am not the only one. These particular muffins are what I gave my husband on our second date. He said he was hooked from that point on.

Sara- How funny is that. You will so enjoy these ones if you make them.

Sheila- I must stop by and check out your muffins. I have made these with canned pumpkin and with my puree. THe canned ones come out darker. Maybe it depends on the type of pumpkin. Either way they are tastey.

Bunny said...

I love your pumpkin muffins! I really think we should use it more through out the year and not just for the holidays. Great muffins Lori!

Maria said...

It's good to see some pumpkin in the spring! Great looking muffins!

Murasaki Shikibu said...

I love pumpkin and am game for them any time of the year!

grace said...

oooh, lori--the innards of your muffins look fantastic! it's always time for pumpkin. :)

test it comm said...

I just found a bunch of pumpkin puree n my freezer as well. These muffins look like a nice way to enjoy some!