Thursday, April 9, 2009

Rainbow Pasta, aka Pasta Primavera

First, I wanted to let you know that I wrote an article for Daring Bakers on growing your own herbs. You can check it out by clicking here. I was so excited to write for this group. Besides being a great group of people with lots of fun challenges, they now have new features to their site, including articles.

My inspiration for this lovely dish came from blog hunting. I saw some Pasta Primavera on HoneyB's site The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch. It was one of those things where I knew I had to make it right away. So I threw together some fresh and frozen vegetables to create a Pasta Primavera. I usually have whole grain pasta but this time I figured with the dish being mostly vegetables it would be okay to have some white pasta. A girls gotta splurge once in a while, right?

Pasta Primavera

1 pound of asparagus
2 cloves of garlic chopped
1/2 pound pasta ( I used 2 cups cooked to add to the dish)
3/4 cup peas
1 carrot, matchstick sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
s and p to taste
freshly grated peccorino romano or something similar

Cook pasta and set aside. While pasta is cooking chop up all your vegetables. In a large frying pan, cook asparagus in some water. Cover and cook to al dente. Remove asparagus and set aside. Drain water. Dry pan with a paper towel. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and saute peppers and carrots until tender. Add garlic cook one minute more. Stir in peas and pasta and reserved asparagus. Add 1 more tablespoon of olive oil. Serve in large bowl with freshly grated cheese.

10 comments:

kat said...

Hubs would eat that all up in one sitting!

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a gorgeous recipe! I'm on my way to read your article. I love to see a friend's name in lights.

Shelby said...

Looks great Lori! Thanks for the mention!t

The Blonde Duck said...

I love pasta. Congrats on your article!

knitalot3 said...

YUM! I'll be right over. Are there any leftovers?

Sara said...

I love pasta primavera, it always tastes so fresh and light. This looks like a great version.

Sheila said...

This is one of my favorite dishes. I have only made it twice because it is so time consuming but yours looks easy! I think I will be making it more often.

Murasaki Shikibu said...

It's spring...and definitely time to do different variations of Pasta Primavera. :)

Lisa said...

Pasta Primavera is right up my alley! I would also eat that whole thing in one sitting..make that a nano second! It looks awesome!!

grace said...

i love that shape of pasta, and i enjoy what you've done with it. simple and delicious is hard to beat. :)