Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Supreme Chocolate Chip Cookie

I finally found the best recipe for chocolate chip cookies- one that is exactly what I was looking for. Gooey on the inside, a little crisp on the outside, chocolatey, tender, not flat (hate when that happens).  I am pretty jazzed about finding this recipe.  My kids are very jazzed about it too. 

The first day, when I made the batter, we did a test batch in the sun.  A little experiment to see how log it would take to bake chocolate chip cookies in the sun.  Um... yeah, all day.  Maybe I did something wrong. It was about five hours when we just gave up and ate them anyway.  A bit undercooked. 

Next day, when it was a little cooler, I baked them in the oven.  They were a super hit in the house.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Supreme

3 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
1 3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
8 ounces unsalted butter
1 pound chocolate chips or your favorite chocolate chopped up
2 teaspoons vanilla or the seeds of one vanilla bean scraped

Cream the butter and the sugars together.  About five minutes.  Add in eggs, one at a time. Then vanilla.  In another bowl combine, flour, salt and baking soda. Fold in chocolate.  Chill if you like, but it is not necessary.

Bake at 360F (not 350- but really I don't know how much of a difference it would make) about 12 minutes.  They will appear golden on the outside but they will still be chewy in the center.  Cool on rack.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow..it was so great to see you again, Lori! How have you been? Your blog looks incredible, as do these chocolate chip cookies! I am definitely trying this recipe, because if you say it's the best - I believe it!

Katy ~ said...

LOL! You tried to cook them outside. You are a hoot!!! I always deliberately flatten my CCC, but will have to try these.