Thursday, July 12, 2012

Animals and Oatmeal Cookie Bars

UPDATE: Picture added. Yes, those are swirl caramel chips that I tossed in there.

We have been away on vacation. We did not purposely go to see animals we just happened to keep encountering them.  The first picture below was from a visit to a zoo, though not on our vacation, I just had to share it nonetheless.  And of course, that day, we were on a mission to see animals.
A little lesson at the zoo for me and the girls.   My lesson, turtles grunt.  The girls lesson- turtles love to wrestle.

Thank you bee for everything you do.  Never leave us!

Ran into a bunch of ladies taking a walk.  They were cackling away.

The prettiest rooster I ever seen.

Tiki- so cute.


No, I dont have a picture of these nice cookie bars because they disappeared rather quickly.  I will make them again (I did and thus the picture) and post a picture.  I did however want to pass along the recipe.  These are great for a take along- not having to make each and every cookie.

OATMEAL COOKIE BARS

1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 c. oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 c. flour
1 c. white sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1 lg. pkg. chocolate chips
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 c. quick Quaker oats
1 c. chopped nuts (optional)



Combine dry ingredients and set aside.  Combine wet ingredients  Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until blended. Spread in large ungreased cookie sheet (preferably a jelly roll pan). Bake in 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes. Cool. Cut in bars. Great for camping or picnics.

No comments: