Monday, August 25, 2014

Creamy Peach Pie



I know my husband likes desserts.  Some he likes, some he loves and some he goes crazy over.  This is one of those "crazy over" kind of desserts.  He said while he was eating it,  "You could just give people a taste of this and then sell it by the slice.  It would go like hot cakes!"  He sat there and talked about how I could make a ton of money over this one particular dessert.  He is too funny.  While I am not going to build a business around this peach pie- I will tell you that I will make it again, for sure, especially when peaches are in season.

I don't usually use premixed kind of stuff but I don't mind buying pudding mix from time to time. However, on my next go around I am going to use a "make your own recipe" for the pudding mix. The recipe for that is beneath the peach pie recipe.
Creamy Peach Pie

1 box of Cook and Serve Vanilla Pudding Mix*
3/4 cup self rising flour
3 tablespoons butter
1 egg
1/2 cup milk

1 28 ounce can of peaches or fresh peaches, skinned, pitted and sliced (about 2 cups)

1 8 ounce package of regular cream cheese (DO NOT use neufatchel cheese)
3 tablespoons peach juice
2/3 cup sugar

1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar

Preheat oven to 350F.  Grease a ten inch pie plate. Drain peaches, reserving 3 tablespoons of juice.

Beat butter and pudding mix together.  Add in egg and milk and last the flour.  Mix until fully incorporated.  Pour into greased 10 inch pie dish.

Lay peaches into the batter in a circle, covering most of the top of the batter.  Don't crowd it too much.

Beat together cream cheese, sugar and reserved 3 tablespoons of peach juice.

Pour over top of peaches within one inch of sides.

Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.  Cool completely, chill and serve.

If you don't have or don't want to buy it-
Cook and Serve Pudding Mix

3/4 cup corn starch
3/4 cup milk powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 vanilla bean scraped ( or just add in vanilla if using in this recipe)

Mix all together.

No comments: