Friday, August 8, 2014

Zucchini Bake

 
I made this one day early in the day while it was still cooler. We ended up having something else for dinner.  I think some leftovers that needed to be eaten.  However, over the course of two days, bit by bit- breakfast or lunch, my family ate it.  My husband loved it.  He really does not know this but he has a thing for herbs de Provence.  Well, so do I but I know it.
I know people who read my blog will be asking why did I use Bisquick since I tend to make things from scratch.  Yes, I do try and make what I can from scratch, as time allows... My Mother had this of Bisquick and did not want to use it.  She is not feeling all that great and has no desire to bake.  She gave it to me.  I don't like to waste anything.  

Zucchini Bake

5 eggs, lightly beaten
½ cup vegetable oil
½ cup grated Peccorino Romano cheese or Parmesan
2 generous teaspoons herbs de Provence
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon seasoned salt
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
½ cup finely chopped onion
2 cups Bisquick
3 cups thinly sliced zucchini (a quarter inch or less if you can)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 pan and set aside.

In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, oil, cheese, herbs de Provence, salts,  and garlic powder. Whisk in the onion, and then the Bisquick. Stir in the sliced zucchini. Pour into the prepared pan.

Bake until golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool to warm room temperature before serving.





No comments: