Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Squash Boats

Now for those Squash Boats .  I must say they were equally amazing alongside the salmon. I would make these again in a heartbeat.  I loved it!


Squash Boats  

3 zucchinis
2 tablespoons olive oil
lemon dill hummus
pesto
feta
roasted tomatoes or sundried tomatoes, soaked if you are using the dried kind
pine nuts (opt)

Preheat grill to medium.

Trim ends of zucchini, split in half length wise and scoop out flesh (use for something else).

Brush with basting oil, flesh side down for about 5 minutes.

Spread about 2 tablespoons of hummus on zucchini.  Top with dribs and drabs of pesto, feta and roasted tomatoes.  If you like sprinkle pine nuts over top.  If they are toasted already sprinkle on when serving.

Grill uncovered for about ten minutes.
Preheat grill to MED

3 (about 20 oz total)  zucchini or yellow squash
2 Tbsp  Food You Feel Good About Basting Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 container (8 oz)  Food You Feel Good About Lemon Dill Hummus
Wegmans Traditional Crumbled Feta Cheese, to taste
Italian Classics Basil Pesto Sauce, to taste
Roasted red tomatoes, to taste (Mediterranean Bar - See more at: https://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10052&catalogId=10002&langId=-1&partNumber=RECIPE_20282#sthash.uJcTfFbq.dpuf
My friend finished them in her oven as the grill was full of salmon.
I made them at my house yesterday.  I did not have feta- I substituted with some cheddar mix. It was my dinner.  It was good- but feta is betta.

Yes, I took my toaster oven outside.  It was hot.  I hate baking when it is hot- it's counterproductive.  I did not feel like firing up the grill either.

1 comment:

Colette (Coco) said...

Very Mediteranean! Lovely. Never thought to bake hummus. I will try. xo