Thursday, December 3, 2015

Jalapeno Cornbread

This time of the year, where does the time go?   Well, really, most of the time it moves so quickly!

We have been away.  Getting back home and getting things settled takes about as long as the vacation.  Buying groceries, doing laundry, getting everything put away...  Its all good though.

Last night I really could have been posting but I was sitting at my computer watching Stephen Colbert and Neil DeGrasse Tyson.  I love watching both of them.  I totally enjoyed this interview by Stephen Colbert.  If you want to watch, click below.



I did not realize I liked Stephen Colbert until last night.  You see, we don't have cable and I barely watch any television at all.  Shh, don't tell anyone but I think television is a waste of time for me.  If you like it, great, I am not criticizing here.  I also have a hard time sitting and watching television because there are so many other things I would rather be doing.  Don't get me wrong, I like to watch a show now and again and sometimes I get hooked, like watching Doc Martin on PBS.  Every once in a while I will watch a show on the computer, like last night.

If you ask me about people in the news, especially television or Hollywood people, I will look like an idiot, stammering, "I dont have a clue who you are talking about."  But hey, I now know who Stephen Colbert is. 

Jalapeño Cornbread
These cornbread loves are delicious with lots of flavor and they are super moist.

1/4 cup chopped jalapeñoes I used these pickled ones
5 tablespoons butter, divided 4 melted and for greasing
3.4 ounces cornmeal
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder


Preheat oven to 400°.  Grease 8 muffins or mini loaves pan with butter.

In a large measuring cup, combine buttermilk, egg and sugar.  In another bowl combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda, baking powder and salt.  Stir.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.  Then add melted butter and jalapenos.  Stir just until combined.

DDivide evenly in pan and bake for 16 to 20 minutes.  Do not overbake.  If the toothpick comes out clean, they are done.

No comments: