Friday, December 25, 2015

Marinated Anchovies

Anchovies aren't really the top of most peoples list of favorite food to eat.  But they are for my husband.

In my research of what to make for the Feast of the Seven Fishes, I came across this recipe from Epicurious.  I was curious.

Yes, this year, instead of the traditional Polish meal that we always have I decided to do the Italian Feast of the Seven Fishes.  My Mother in Law never did seven fishes.  She made pasta with sauce, shrimp, calamari, broccoli and bread.  I decided on the usual that she use to make and added fresh anchovies and baccala.  My hair dresser convinced me about the baccala.  She told me she basically soaks it for two days.  Drains, flours and fries it.  So, that is what I will do.  I am sure I will report back to you.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

Marinated Anchovies
Based on this recipe from Epicurious.

8 ounces anchovies, fresh
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons parsley
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon oregano
a couple grinds of sea salt

Mix the marinade together.  Place anchovies in a container.  Pour the marinade over top. Make sure it covers the anchovies.  Refrigerate.

No comments: