Sunday, November 6, 2011

Pumpkin Cheesecake

Seriously pumpkiny, seriously cheesecake-y.... seriously loved this.

It was my Mothers birthday, so of course I had to make cake.  And I did.  I have been wanting to make cheesecake for a long time.  Pumpkin is always fetching to me this time of year- why not?

No calorie counts for this one.


Pumpkin Cheesecake
Adapted from this recipe at spreadphilly.com

4 - 8 ounce packages of cream cheese, room temp
4 eggs, room temp
1 cup sugar
15 ounces canned pumpkin
1 tablespoon pupmin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups finely crushed ginger snaps
1/4 cup butter, melted


Preheat oven to 350F.

Mix crumbs and melted butter right in the 9inch springform pan.  Press down and up the sides a little all around.  Bake in oven for about five minutes. Set aside to cool.

In a large bowl beat cream cheese and sugar.  Add in pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla. Once combined add eggs, one at a time.  Pour into prepared crust and bake for one to one and a half hours.  Remove when center is still a bit jiggly.

3 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

This sounds wonderful and seasonally decadent. I hope you all are well and enjoying the cooler fall weather.Have a good evening. Blessings...Mary

grace said...

no calorie counts = wise choice. :)
this is a great birthday cake for your mama--very nice!

Tracy said...

Oh my ... that looks delicious!