Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Weight Watcher Wednesday: Chicken Curry

Photo courtesy of Weight Watchers

Yes, I am still having trouble with getting into Google- blog comments, google docs, any of it.  It is a royal pain in the neck.  In order to get onto my blog I have to sign in and out and in and out and so on and so forth.  If any of you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.  I am pretty sure it has to do with my search proxy.  One of these days I will figure it out or I will end up having to pay someone to do it for me. 

What I can do now is tell you about WW's Chicken Curry.  It is very flavorful.  Which of course is how curry should be.  I did enjoy this one and if I were eating these all the time this one would probably be a regular.

There is quite a bit of chicken in this one.   I have to say one of the best parts of any of these meals are the sauces that go with them.  Except for the salmon one, I loved them all and they are very plentiful in the package.

If you like the idea of chicken curry and would like to make your own, you might want to try this one.  Sounds delicious.  View source here.

Chicken Curry

½ cup plain low-fat yogurt
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon curry powder, I like to use a garam masala mix
1 inch piece of ginger, grated
¼ teaspoon salt
1 dash ground red pepper
1 ½ lbs chicken parts, skinned
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
½ cup chopped tomatoes
1 bay leaf


In bowl, combine yogurt and seasonings; add chicken parts, turning to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to one hour.

In a skillet heat oil; add onion and saute until lightly browned. Add tomatoes and the bay leaf - let simmer for 5 minutes; add chicken and marinade mixture and stir to combine.

Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and let simmer, turning once to twice, until chicken is tender, about 30 minutes; remove bay leaf before serving.

No comments: