Saturday, October 13, 2012

Scalloped Tomatoes



 

Pardon my absence as I have been a bit under the weather lately.  I had this head cold which moved into a respiratory thing.  I felt like doing nothing.  And I hate feeling like doing nothing.  Makes me feel like such a slouch.  Aside from this annoying cough, I am on the mend.  Must drink lots o' liquids.

This is so easy peasy and so crazy delicious. You will be coming back for more.  I know that a lot of the tomatoes are almost gone.  But if you have some you want use up in a quick jiff- this recipe is your winner.

Scalloped Tomatoes
You will notice my measurements are very "roomy".  So nice to do what you like with this recipe.  Having melted cheese smothered all over tomatoes - you just cant go wrong.

1/2 cup of onions, minced
1/2 loaf stale bread (cut into cubes) or croutons will do in a pinch
1 teaspoon Italian seasonings (or a combination of garlic powder, basil and oregano - or make up your own- consider this dish your palette)
8 to 12 ounces of cheese, grated (I like Swiss but I had it with Monterey Jack as well)
6 - 8 cups of tomatoes
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
you could even get crazy and add a bit of olive oil if you like.

Preheat oven to 375F.  Stir these wonderful flavors directly in the 13 x 9. Pop in the oven and bake for about 40 minutes.  OMG my mouth is watering just thinking about it.


No comments: