Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Crumb Topped Zucchini Muffins


I am still going nuts over zucchini.  Seems every summer I can not get enough of the stuff.  But the season is drawing to a close.  Had to get in some desserts before the zucchini is finished.  Only a few more days left of summer...

I am ready for Fall though.  I really like Fall.  It is my favorite season.  I am looking forward to all the butternut squash, spaghetti squash and pumpkin! Yahoo!  Seems I can never get enough of that.  By the time I use all that I store in my freezer, it is time for strawberries again!

Crumb Topped Zucchini Muffins

Crumb Topping:
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Muffins:
3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons caramel extract
2 1/2 cups unpeeled shredded zucchini
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 (4 serving size) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Crumb Topping:  Stir together the sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt until well combined.  Whisk in melted butter.  Mix in flour just until combined.  Spread out on cookie sheet.  Let dry.

Muffins:  Preheat oven to 350F.  Grease muffin pans or line muffin pans with paper towels.

Shred zucchini and set aside in a colander.

Mix dry ingredients: vanilla pudding mix, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour.

Squeeze out zucchini and add the eggs.  Mix dry ingredients into tthe bowl and stir just until combined.

Spoon into muffin cups evenly.  Sprinkle with crumb mixture.  Bake at 350F for 35 to 40 minutes.  Cool for ten minutes and remove from pan.

No comments: