Sunday, September 23, 2018

Tteokbokki



Did you ever watch Maangchi on You Tube? Love her vidoes, she's cute, informative and fun.  This is one of  her dishes, well, inspired by one of her dishes.  I did not have the ingredients she had in her tutorial.  I did buy the rice logs frozen at our local Asian market.  I would like to make them some time though.  A future post... 

I did not have the fish cake, the next time I will be sure to add that.  I kind of made my recipe from a  bunch of different ideas on the internet.  Here is a link to one of the recipes.

TTEOKBOKKI

4 cubes vegetable bouillon (mine)
1 quart water
1 teaspoon kosher salt
juice of 2 limes
2 tabelspoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1 generous teaspoon chili oil
1 tablespoon gochugaru flakes (Korean chili flakes)
1 tablespoon palm sugar
4 large cloves garlic
5 scallions sliced in 2 inch pieces
rice logs

Soak rice cakes in warm water for 10 mins.

In a large pot stir bouillon into water.  Add salt, white pepper, juice of two limes, fish sauce,  chili oil, palm sugar, gochugaru flakes and garlic.  Bring to a boil.  add rice cakes and onion. Bring to a boil again and then reduce to a simmer.  Simmer for 10 to 20 mins until the rice cakes are fully cooked. 

Add the sesame oil, sesame seeds, and green onion then quickly stir. Serve warm.

No comments: