Thursday, December 18, 2008

DON'T BEGRUDGE the FUDGE


Eat fudge, give fudge. It's so good. Especially this fudge. I found the recipe at Food Blogga. It is really the best fudge I have ever had, mainly because it is about half the sweetness of regular fudge. I like that. I highly recommend this recipe. I will be making another batch tonite! Yup, that's how good it is!



Cranberry Pistachio Fudge

1 cup pistachios (I used salted)
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 oz (1/2 stick) butter

Combine butter, chocolate, and sweetened condensed milk. Heat until chocolate is melted. Stir continuously. When chocolate is melted remove from heat and add cracker crumbs, vanilla, pistachios, and cranberries. Pour into a 9 inch buttered square pan. Smooth out top and refrigerate overnight.

9 comments:

kat said...

What a beautiful picture

Alejandro said...

Exquisite!!! I´m getting hungry now...

Shelly said...

Graham cracker crumbs in fudge?
You say it's good girl, I'm making it ;)

Lori said...

Kat - thank you!

Alejandro- go grab some fudge!

Oh Shelly I know it sounds weird. But the next day you would never know, just pure yumminess!

The Blonde Duck said...

I love the title!

Anonymous said...

I made fudge for the first time ever tonight-it turned out AMAZING! Your photo look great-I might try this recipe next time I make it :)

grace said...

i would never begrudge the fudge! (great title!)
i'm loving your blocks of chocolate heaven, and looking forward to seeing the cranberry-pistachio version!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

I recently found out that I like fudge despite not really liking chocolate. This one sounds great. I like that you said it isn't as sweet. Thanks for passing along the recipe!
~ingrid

Jude said...

I'm a bit intimidated by fudge but i definitely need to try it out for the holidays.