Friday, May 4, 2012

Ceaser Salad with no egg



Fine Cooking sends out recipes if you sign up for their newsletter.  I love Fine Cooking's recipes.  I havent hit a bad one yet.  I saw this one and knew I had to make it.  I have been craving Ceaser salad for a while and this one was askign to be made.

I mainly used the dressing part.  And then threw in my own fixings- no croutons- bummer and I was too hungry to make some. Had to have that salad immediately.

Ceaser Salad Sans Egg
Via Fine Cooking 83 pp 42

1 lemon
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
2 Tbs. mascarpone (or cream cheese)
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 small clove garlic, chopped, sprinkled with a pinch of kosher salt, and mashed to a paste
1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
Couple dashes of Tabasco
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Add this stellar dressing to some Romaine- with maybe some onions, extra parm and in my case- some sirloin.  Moa ha ha.  I rarely have beef - this so hit the spot!

1 comment:

kat said...

The use of marscapone is really interesting.