Friday, September 13, 2013

Gorgonzola and Peach Pizza

Have I ever told you that I am not a major fan of pizza?  I am not.  I am a fan of those artisan pizza's with fancy toppings on them.  I don't really like any foods that are heavily laden with grease.  I make it a lot.  Because my kids eat it and like it as well.  I feel like I am being sacrilig here because my husband LOVES pizza.  If he could eat pizza five days of the week with calamari on the other days he would be as happy as a pig in sh-- , okay, mud.

The best part of a pizza for me is the crust.  Love it.

This pizza, however, was DA BOMB!  And I mean flavor explosion in da mouth.


If you are not a big Gorgonzola fan- you could make this with chevre for an equally delicious pizza.
This is how it looks pre-oven baking and below is after- before the pepper and I will tell you that the pepper absolutely makes this pizza.  It just rounds everything out.  Gotta have it.  The fresher, the better.
Perfect Peach and Gorgonzola Pizza
This makes one single serving- if you want to eat that much- pizza.  450 calories.

1 peach, sliced 1/4 inch thick and into bite sized pieces
1 ounce gorgozola, crumbled
1 ounce of prosciutto
4 ounces of dough (about the size of a tennis ball)
crushed black pepper
6 leaves of basil

Roll out the pizza into a circle.  Make it as flat as possible. Place it on a cookie sheet or whatever. Lay pieces of prosciutto over the dough round.  Sprinkle gorgonzola all around.  Lay pieces of peach sporadically over top.  Place on the bottom shelf of a 500F oven for about ten minutes, until golden around sides.  Remove from oven, spread basil all around and sprinkle crushed black pepper over top.

1 comment:

Colette (Coco) said...

Get those peaches while we can!
Love the combo of flavours here.