Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Strawberry Buttermilk Ice Cream



I am so loving all of these strawberries that Driscoll has bestowed upon me.  Thank you so much!  I made some strawberry ice cream over the weekend as well.  I love this ice cream because it is lighter and the taste of the strawberries shines through like nobody's business.

Aren't they just super beautiful?  I think so.

Buttermilk Strawberry Ice Cream

2 cups strawberries, washed and stemmed
2 cups buttermilk
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a food processor, process strawberries just barely- liquid-y but chopped into smallish chunks. Pour into a bowl and stir in buttermilk, sugar and vanilla. Chill overnight or at the very least a couple hours.

Following the manufacturers directions, process through ice cream maker.


No comments: