Saturday, March 29, 2008

Chocolate Hazelnut Banana Muffins



At what point does a recipe become your own? Does anyone have the answer to this question? Is there any kind of standard anywhere? I would love to hear comments about that.

Anyway the inspiration for this recipe came from DeliciousDays. I changed quite a few ingredients and adapted it to US measurement. The idea of Nutella and bananas was 100 percent DeliciousDays idea. BRAVO for that because wow it is a delicious idea!

I know this may sound funny to some but I often have a similar concoction after dinner. I cut up a banana and put a dollop of sour cream on it and then drizzle about a teaspoon of chocolate syrup. It is a nutritious cure for my sweet tooth.


Chocolate Hazelnut Banana Muffins



1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 large ripe bananas
1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tsp. baking powder
2 cups flour

In a mixing bowl or a large bowl cream the butter and the sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Add mashed bananas and the chocolate hazelnut spread. In a seperate bowl combine the dry ingredients. Add buttermilk and combined dry ingredients alternately to the butter and sugar mixture. Spoon batter into muffin cups. Bake at 350 F for about 25 minutes. Insert toothpick to check. If it comes out clean it is done.

I made 12 regular sized cupcakes and 36 minis.

For the kids I combined cream cheese and powdered sugar for the frosting.

For the adults I added some Frangelico to the frosting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you use Nutella? I love these muffins. Very nice.
If I haven't thanked you yet for the link..well, thank you so much. Very kind of you and I appreciate it very much :)

Shelly said...

I have the same question...when is it "my recipe"? I'm always changing things just a bit to see if I can make it better. Ok...the muffins..chocolate, hazelnut, cream cheese, frangelico...wicked good.

Tracy said...

The muffins look great!

In the cooking contest world, a recipe is considered "original" (or "your own") when there are 3-4 significant changes from the original recipe. Hope this helps!