Tuesday, September 9, 2008

MACARONS ARE JUST PEACHY


Once you've tried macarons you have to eat them again and again. So if you do not want to be hooked on them, never, never try them. Having said that, you just have to try macarons. The real hook to these cookies is the intial crunch followed by the soft experience of the macaron itself, then the sweet, smooth rush of filling. In this case it was Peach Buttercream, (al la Dori Greenspan). Helen of Tartelette and Veronica of Veronica's Test Kitchen were truly my inspiration for these fine cookies. I usually use Veronica's recipe but this time I used Tartelette's. And if you dont already know Tartelette has a Tutorial in a magazine which you can find on her site. Veronica has the Macaroon Chronicles which have tons of worth while notes to help you along. If you dont have the courage and just "GOTTA" try them, then order some from Veronica's Petite Bouchees.

Here is the recipe for macarons. All I did was add orange color to my batter.

8 comments:

Temperance said...

Color me impressed. I think it is going to take a challenge for me to make these but I stand in awe of everyone else who makes these pretty treats.

It looks like you are putting the last of peaches to good use.

Cannelle Et Vanille said...

they look fantastic!

Shari said...

I definitely have to try making these someday! Yours look great!

Helene said...

Wow! I love these....I want one :)
Great job Lori!!

grace said...

macarons are still on my "to-try" list. sad, isn't it? these look wonderful--excellent peach usage. :)

JaySpice said...

They look great. :( I have tried my hand at the macarons and got a big FAIL. I will try again. *sigh*

Veron said...

These look fabulous! Well done!

Lucy..♥ said...

I have yet to try making these, each time I see one posted reminds me that I need to bump them up on my list :-)