Sunday, December 2, 2012

Granola Bars

I am always looking at and trying recipes for granola bars.  I mean I like the one I make now but sometimes I am looking for more crunch or sometimes more sweetness, I want to change it up a  little so I keep trying them.  This last one was pretty good.  Though not crunchy, it had wonderful chewiness and the kids sure liked it.


Stir in whatever pleases you. We had leftover Halloween candy so I asked the girls if I could use their M and M's. They gladly offered them up as they really like them in the granola bars.

3 cups quick cooking oatmeal
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup raisins
3/4 cups M and M's
2 tablespoons crushed flax seed
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 - cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 325. Spray a 9x13 inch glass pan with cooking spray.

Stir all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Pour into prepared pan and spread out the mixture. Press down to make it even. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes in the pan then cut into bars. Place the bars on a wire rack and cool completely. Store loosely covered at room temperature.

No comments: