Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Positively Butternut Squash Pizza

 
At  a local pizzeria I get  what they call a Positano Pizza.  What does Positano mean?  Its a city along the Amalfi Coast.  I am sure that whoever named this pizza had some specific reason why he or she named the Positano.  In my mind, when I ordered the Positano (ah hem a couple of different times, at different visits) , I would think in my head, now, what was that pizza, oh yes, Positano. I know the name because it is "positively" good for you with its butternut squash all over it.  Isn't it funny how I can fool myself into believing a pizza is good for me?  Ha!

It is delicious!  I tried to make it home the way they did before but it just didn't come out to my liking.  This time however, I think I got it right.  Its not exactly what they do but it was delicious to me! I think I nailed it! My pizza picky husband agreed.

Positively Butternut Pizza

1/4 cup Gorgonzola cheese
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup butternut squash that has been cubed and roasted
Aleppo Pepper or Crushed Red Pepper
crushed black pepper
basil leaves
pepperoni

If you want a crispy pizza, there is all kinds of ways to go about it but here I took the easy route.  I used an air bake pan.  It worked perfectly.  I sprayed with pam and spread my dough on it.




2 comments:

Debbie said...

It sounds interesting---I'd give it a try as I like all the ingredients! The cheese pairing sounds perfect.

Laura. said...

Never heard of this flavouring before!

Anything & Everything | Bloglovin'