Monday, May 9, 2016

Egg Rice Bowl


I just had the most amazing lunch.  I have made this rice before.  I love it.  This time I added a few different things since it was just me eating it.  No picky eaters saying I don't like this and I don't like that.  I love how it came out.

Rice and Egg Bowl

1 cup rice ( I used Basmati rice)
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup water

1 tablespoon butter 
1 tablespoon avocado oil (may be needed)
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 cup pineapple, chopped 
2 green onions, chopped thinly
2 cloves garlic
1 inch ginger, grated
2 tablespoons tamari
1 tablespoon sriracha
1 package mock crap chunks.

Cook the rice as normal but instead of adding just water, add half coconut milk and half water.

While the rice is cooking.  Cook mock crab chunks in butter.  Set aside when warmed.  In that same pan, cook bell peppers until tender.  Add in some oil if needed. Add in pineapple, heat until warmed through.  Add in garlic and ginger and heat until fragrant.  Add in the cooked rice.  Add in tamari and sriracha.    Sprinle with chopped green onions.

Add the cooked egg over top.

No comments: